International Submission of Digital Fingerprints and CPIC Name Searches for Canadian Criminal Record Background Screening
Located in Ottawa, Canada we specialize in processing Canadian criminal history checks. These checks, often referred to as a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), can be provided by either submission of fingerprints or name and date of birth. RCMP certified criminal history checks are processed with the submission of fingerprints to the RCMP Real Time Identification system (RTID). Canadian police certificates, or Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) checks, search your name and date of birth against the RCMP national repository of criminal records. Depending on the foreign country, both types of results can be authenticated by Ottawa-based foreign embassies for international visa applications. Our primary focus is to serve the needs of Canadians and former residents of Canada who currently reside outside of Canada and need to provide evidence, through the submission of fingerprints, that they do not have a criminal record in Canada. Canadians applying for a visa to work abroad and foreign nationals immigrating to Canada or applying for a work visa in Canada are our primary clients.
Who uses our service
We serve the needs of people who currently reside outside of Canada and need to provide evidence (through the submission of fingerprints, or name and date of birth) that they do not have a criminal record in Canada. Canadians working abroad and foreign nationals immigrating to or applying for a work visa in Canada are our primary clients. Our most common application type is for a work visa and of those, the E2 Visa for those teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) is our most popular submission type. We do criminal background screening in support of the following application types:
- Adoptions – Canadian and International
- Foreign travel – Visas, U.S. Waivers, Border Crossing
- Employment – federal, provincial, municipal governments; private industry; Canadian police forces
- Volunteer work (Applicants for employment or volunteer work must specify the job title or position sought in the “REASON FOR APPLICATION” portion of the fingerprint form.)
- Applications for immigration to Canada (please include a copy of any letters from Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Applications for Canadian Citizenship (please include a copy of any letters from Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Applications to obtain criminal record to apply for a Pardon
- Name change
- Permanent residency
Why you should use our service
We are an RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency that uses certified systems to submit electronic fingerprints. If you would like to receive confirmation of our accreditation directly from the RCMP, please email them at Civilnps@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Download – RCMP Accreditation Letter
Our RCMP Accreditation has been authenticated by the Korean Embassy here in Ottawa. We will authenticate with other government embassies in Ottawa as required by the country seeking authentication.
Download – Korean Embassy Authenticated Notarized Credentials
We also conduct CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) criminal name checks under a Memorandum of Understanding with a Canadian Police Service.
We accept your fingerprints taken at police services, courts, government and other accredited private fingerprinting agencies around the world and convert them to a digital format certified by the RCMP. The RCMP C216C form is available for download on our website; however, it is also available at most Canadian Embassies and Consulates. We can also scan the FBI FD-258 fingerprint card that is available at American embassies and consulates and many other locations internationally. Most countries like to use their own finger forms and we receive them from at over the world. The following is a list of the most common foreign fingerprint card types we process (there are very few countries we cannot scan, so if your country is not listed please send us a sample and we will confirm that we can process your fingerprints):
- European Union
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea, Republic of
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Saint Lucia
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
We submit your fingerprints the day we receive them and the submission is immediately acknowledged by the RCMP.
Your certified criminal history results, embossed by the RCMP, are mailed directly from the RCMP to you within 3 days of being submitted. PLEASE NOTE THAT FINGERPRINT BASED SEARCHES SUBMITTED TO THE RCMP BY RSSI PROVIDE OFFICIAL RCMP CERTIFIED CRIMINAL CHECKS SENT TO YOU OR YOUR DESIGNATE DIRECTLY FROM RCMP ON RCMP LETTER HEAD, EMBOSSED AND SIGNED BY THE RCMP.
Some countries, such as the Republic of Korea, require all foreign documents (for example, an RCMP Certified Criminal History Check) to be confirmed as authentic before being accepted. We are able to hand deliver your RCMP Certified Criminal History Check to the necessary embassies here in Ottawa and have them stamped before sending them back to you. Please contact us for a quote for your specific country.
If you need an expedited service, the results can be sent to our Ottawa office and we can send them by an international priority courier service to you anywhere in the world.
Details of our service
RCMP Certified Criminal History Check (Fingerprints) Download – RCMP C216C Fingerprint Form
We accept fingerprints from all foreign police services provided that:
- the placement of the fingerprints are all on one side of the card, it does not matter what order the individual fingerprint images are in (for example in Korea the left hand is on the top row and the thumbs are to the right of the rolled fingers, and in Australia the left hand and right hands are rolled opposite directions to each other; we can scan both of these card types and many more)
- Ideally all 14 fingerprint impressions (i.e. 10 fingers rolled, 2 flat fingers, and 2 flat thumbs) are present, however we are able to submit forms with the 2 flat thumbs missing (images number 12 & 13)
- none of the 14 fingerprint impressions are sideways or on the back of the card.
If the RCMP search results are to be sent to anyone other than yourself please include a completed Third Party Consent form with a flat (not rolled) impression of your right thumb. Please ensure that the form is printed on a single page of 8.5″ x 11″ letter (A4) paper.
Contact the nearest police force which offers fingerprinting services and have them capture the 14 impressions on the RCMP form and, if necessary, a single flat impression on the 3rd party consent form. We will accept fingerprint forms from foreign countries that contain the following:
- rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers
- full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
- the name, address and telephone number of the Police Service or other accredited fingerprinting agency
- the signature (and clearly printed name in English or French characters) of the official taking the fingerprints
- Note: If there is no fingerprinting location nearby Please click this link to email us and we will try to accommodate your needs.
Fingerprints arriving at our scanning facility will be processed by the next day and you can expect to have a certified search result mailed to you from the RCMP within 3 days.
Email or Fax of RCMP Results
If all you require is a emailed or faxed copy of your search results we offer that service for your convenience. You may also choose this option if you are looking for an advanced copy of your criminal history search result.
Embassy Authentication/Legalization of Documents
If the country receiving your search results requires them to be authenticated by one of their embassies or consulates in Canada we are able to provide this service for all Canadian jurisdictions by hand delivering documents directly to the Ottawa embassy for the receiving country. Our services have standard pricing for the first document authenticated by Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) as well as a number of different foreign government embassies. We also have discounted pricing for any additional documents that need to be authenticated. For example, Korea requires authentication of both the certified original RCMP criminal history search results, as well as academic qualifications. For Korea, authentication of a notarized copy of the diploma requires it to be presented with the original diploma and a sealed envelope of original transcripts. Please note that embassy authentication services require us to present a copy of the applicant’s passport with the documents being authenticated.
Notarization of Documents
In addition to a criminal history search, when undergoing background screening for a Visa or immigration application, a notarized or certified copy of other credentials may be required for official government or court purposes and for commercial purposes. Working on your behalf, we are able to have your original degrees, diplomas or other important documents notarized for presentation to the various embassies in Ottawa. Please use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to request this service and indicate the document that we will be receiving for notarization in the space provided.
Expedited Return Service
International expedited return service is available by having your results returned to c/o Reliability Screening Solutions Inc. 107-1025 Richmond Rd., Ottawa ON K2B 8G8, Canada. Upon receipt from the RCMP (usually 3 – 4 days after submission) we will forward your results by courier or one of our fixed priced shipping options to any international address. With international courier your RCMP Certified Criminal History results are generally received at your international address within 4 days.
If your need is very urgent and you require a Priority Service you can also select that from our list of delivery options.
CPIC Name Check
If the company, government agency, or other organization requesting your criminal background search does not require a fingerprint based search result, we are able to simply conduct a CPIC name and date of birth check to complete your request. Once we have received your order we will send you appropriate documents to be completed for identity verification and consent. Please be advised that you will require a guarantor who is a Canadian government official or a person who holds a valid Canadian passport. An embossed and signed CPIC check on original police service letterhead can be returned in less than 24 hours.
Premium CPIC Name Check
A CPIC Name Check is a query of the Identification Data Bank by a police agency using a person’s name and date of birth to identify the possibility of criminal convictions. This type of check, however, omits checks of other data banks that could provide valuable screening information. Our Premium CPIC Name Check provides a thorough review of other data banks including those which identify the following:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, peace bonds, probation and prohibition.
- Absolute and Conditional discharges.
- Criminal Charges resulting in dispositions including but not limited to: cases where charges have been Withdrawn or Dismissed, and cases where the individual has been found Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder as listed on local indices.
- Negative police contacts including, but not limited to: theft, weapons, sex offences or violent, harmful and threatening behavior.
Declaration of Criminal Record
There are only three possible outcomes of a CPIC Name Check:
- Negative – This is the best outcome because it means that no association could be made with a criminal record.
- Incomplete – This result means that there is a possible match to a criminal record and that fingerprints should be submitted to certify that the match is or is not correct.
- Confirmed – This is when an individual declares an existing criminal record and we have been able to confirm that this declaration is a complete and accurate record of information held in the data bank. If the record cannot be confirmed then the result will be returned “Incomplete”.
CPIC Name Checks are fast but criminal information can only be confirmed, not disclosed, by the police service. Therefore, if the individual is aware of an existing criminal record they should use our declaration of criminal record option.